Gardening & Outdoors

This is a pallet turned upside down with legs added. It will hold my seedlings as soon as it warms up enough to leave them out safely. That pallet and legs are scrap. Only some screws are new. Most of it is held together using nails that come out pretty straight when you remove the two bottom boards to add the legs.

This is a small scrap pallet. I found a couple of these. The used (and washed) cans are great holders for the little water bottle seedling starters.

On this one I ran out of cans, so there is a board separating the two rows of bottles. You just see a few plants starting. Hope to have a great garden this year!

You can see the simplicity of the water bottle as a self watering planter. All of the ones in the cans have the same design as the one on the shelf. The bottle is cut approximately in half. You poke a hole in the lid and run a length of cotton that hangs in the water and runs through the dirt near the seeds. I've used old rags and quitter socks. You can usually reuse them for a few years.